4th of July 2016 in Orlando Florida – What a Party!
What’s going on at Disney World during Independence Day?
The iconic Cinderella Castle will light up with spectacular fireworks during the “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” The show will start at 9 pm on both July 3 and 4.
Great American songs will be performed by Voices of Liberty at the America Gardens Theater at 12:30 pm, 1:45 pm, and 3 pm. Head on over to the American Adventure if you wish to meet Chip ‘n’ Dale dressed as true American patriots. What will you wear to match them in the photo op? The evening ends with “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth”, and the show will join the celebration with an addition of an all-American grand finale.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Ready for the “Coolest Summer Ever” dance party? The DJ kicks off at 5:45 pm and keeps the party going until the fireworks go off at 10:15 pm.
While in the midst of civilization, it helps to think of Disney as a Fort Wilderness (pun) to avoid unfortunate circumstances. Take control of your Disney experience by considering the small and simple needs that often arise when you’re away from home. Pack for maximal comfort with minimal effort.
Be Prepared & Enjoy the Day Amidst Crowds, Humidity, and Unfortunate Surprises
- Hair clip – A very small item you’ll appreciate greatly when your hair is soaked from rain, a flume ride, or sheer perspiration from the hot and humid Florida climate.
- Rubber band – A small universal tool second only to duct tape. Coupled with some imagination, it can fix or replace items due to the most unexpected predicaments.
- Safety pin – Your #1 protection against wardrobe malfunction! It’s already part of every woman’s survival kit (aka purse), but carrying a purse is not the best way to experience a theme park.
- Lightweight Rain Poncho – It packs compact and can be purchased ahead of time if you wish to save money or when you first enter the park. You want to avoid standing in line…in the rain. It also makes for great flume ride wear if you wish to avoid getting drenched at the splashy final.
- Fanny Pack – So out of style, yet so useful! It’s the perfect extra “pocket” when you can’t bring a bag on a ride.
- Sun block – Many stores sell mini applicators that clip on to your belt loop.
- Hand Sanitizer – Because germs – yuck! Also comes in small clip-on applicators. You don’t want to hunt down a restroom location to just wash your hands.
- Portable Phone Charger – So worth the money!
- Granola Bars – Kids have a knack for getting hungry on their own schedule.
- Tissue – Carry a few. They don’t take up much room.
- Band-Aids – Because you never know…
Vacationing in Orlando? What else is there to do in the Disney area during 4th of July?
You can also enjoy an “All American 4th of July” at the Celebration Town Center. Celebration’s downtown is designed to look like a small American 20th-century architectural style town. The town is directly connected to Walt Disney World resorts via World Drive, which begins near the Magic Kingdom. Celebration hosts many more events throughout the year: an art show, an exotic car festival, a Radio Disney Holiday concert, an Oktoberfest Celebration, a “Great American Pie Festival”, a “Posh Pooch” festival, and other downtown events for the Fall and the Holiday seasons.